Railroad Forums 

• CSX Orange Juice train Question

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#615395  by trainutjob

Hey guys,does anyone have a rough estimate of when CSX Q740 comes through Woodbourne PA,My guess is around 10:30 PM,but can some one tell me?
 #615797  by lakeshoredave

With any freight trains, you never really know what time they are going to exactly show up. Railfans generally have a good idea of what runs in a certain time frame at the locations they normally railfan at....I'd get on a yahoo list from that region and ask someone who is around that piece of railroad enough to really know what runs at what time, etc.
 #616800  by diburning

lakeshoredave wrote:With any freight trains, you never really know what time they are going to exactly show up. Railfans generally have a good idea of what runs in a certain time frame at the locations they normally railfan at....I'd get on a yahoo list from that region and ask someone who is around that piece of railroad enough to really know what runs at what time, etc.
Although trains have a general schedule, CSX rarely if ever follows them. The only way to identify the train is to see what it has for cars.
 #887191  by nittany4

diburning wrote:
lakeshoredave wrote:With any freight trains, you never really know what time they are going to exactly show up. Railfans generally have a good idea of what runs in a certain time frame at the locations they normally railfan at....I'd get on a yahoo list from that region and ask someone who is around that piece of railroad enough to really know what runs at what time, etc.
Although trains have a general schedule, CSX rarely if ever follows them. The only way to identify the train is to see what it has for cars.
I caught the OJT last night heading north on the track that parallels Pennsylvania Avenue near the Philadelphia Art Museum at 7pm.
 #887366  by bluedash2

The tropicana train is usually nocturnal but on rare occasions, you can catch it during the day like I did a month or so ago. The best way is to monitor your scanner(if you have one). I heard trackwork down south alters the schedule too.
 #887486  by Ocala Mike

Move to Central Florida somewhere along the "S" line, and you get to see it in the morning many times, as I have in Ocala.
 #887670  by avenger29

I had never heard of the Juice Train, so I went and read about it on Wikipedia...very interesting! I had no idea there were whole trains dedicated to carrying orange juice.
 #887763  by strench707

Ocala Mike wrote:Move to Central Florida somewhere along the "S" line, and you get to see it in the morning many times, as I have in Ocala.
I usually see its empties coming back SB in Washington DC in the morning to noon range and NB I see it in the earlier afternoon which would put it up your ways late-night as others have said.

Davis
 #887768  by nittany4

avenger29 wrote:I had never heard of the Juice Train, so I went and read about it on Wikipedia...very interesting! I had no idea there were whole trains dedicated to carrying orange juice.
I had an N scale version of the Orange Juice Train running around my Christmas tree this season, although it was pulled by Conrail, not CSX power.

:)
 #888034  by drewg350

Just saw it last night, Thursday, about 11 PM heading east bound across Inman Avenue crossing in Edison, NJ. 50 cars and 2 units. I usually see it around that time, sometimes later. A few weeks back I saw it pass heading east bound, 100 cars, than within an hour, I saw it again heading west bound. I was not super close so I couldn't tell if it was the same train or a full train heading in and an empty train heading out. But I got to see 2-full length Tropicana trains that night. Pretty cool.
 #903774  by nittany4

Hi, does anyone know the address or Google Map coordinates of Tropicana's North Jersey Facility?

I'd love to see how complex it is... I thought it would be rather easy to locate, but that area is just as congested from the air as on the ground...

Thanks!
 #903812  by JoeRailRoad

nittany4 wrote:Hi, does anyone know the address or Google Map coordinates of Tropicana's North Jersey Facility?

I'd love to see how complex it is... I thought it would be rather easy to locate, but that area is just as congested from the air as on the ground...

Thanks!
Greenville, NJ from Google maps.
http://tinyurl.com/459dbus

Joe
 #903902  by MNCRR9000

JoeRailRoad wrote:
nittany4 wrote:Hi, does anyone know the address or Google Map coordinates of Tropicana's North Jersey Facility?

Thanks!
Greenville, NJ from Google maps.
http://tinyurl.com/459dbus

Joe
Interesting facility. I am surprised at how many tracks there are, are all of those just for Tropicana?

By the way how many juice trains do they run since looking at pictures on raipictures.net they have pictures from Philadelphia and El Casco California?
Last edited by MNCRR9000 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.