Railroad Forums 

• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1290584  by DogBert

Nope. Never runs on a holiday, so far as I know.

CSX came back from fresh pond around 9ish (probably went light), and just went back a few minutes ago. 2Sd40-2s and a GP38-2 (2717). Many hi cube boxcars and BRRX empties.
 #1291112  by DogBert

P&W headin' towards FP over hell gate right now. SD60/40-2/60 combo.

They've been pretty consistently getting out of here btw 5:30-6:15 on fridays, so if anyone's looking to catch it going back, plan accordingly.
 #1291135  by AlKaLI

^ ^ Thanks DogBert. Maybe I'll catch them on my way home. For this morning, caught the very tail end of CSX heading northbound to Oak Point. Container flats of green trash containers at the tail end crossing over the LIRR at 7:00 AM.
 #1291299  by gregorygrice

DogBert wrote:P&W just crossed hell gate going to CT. long train.
Took over 6 hours just to get to Stamford. Cleared the station just past 1AM. Video will be posted later.
 #1291493  by csx8851

CSX had some major problems yesterday after leaving FP. I don't know when it left FP but all I know is that when I was out for a walk around 5:30pm, the train was halted on the line. I believe it was some air problem as the train wasn't able to move forward, and when it did, it would just go into emergency (this happened twice). Saw a CSX employee hanging from a boxcar in the latter half of the train. They cleared my place around 6:30pm. Extremely late......

This is now twice that CSX has been delayed due to air problems. I wonder whats going on?
 #1291504  by fl9m2004

did FPCH have any bad wheel sets reason I asked is because 2 gatx hoppers where on track 6 at South Norwalk
8150 was one number bad wheel set on rear
 #1291703  by NYCS

To everyone interested in CSX, its interchange with the NY&A, and operations in Oak Point and up the Hudson Line -

Several MSW and C&D carters are in negotiations to switch from truck to rail as a permanent solution, and this would mean more traffic for both CSX and NY&A. Of course the NIMBYs on Long Island are trying to stop this, going so far as sending a letter to Gov. Cuomo pleading him to stop the conversion over to rail. The pro-rail group, Rail New York, has started a petition to Gov. Cuomo voicing SUPPORT for rail. Only 28 more signatures are needed on this petition, which takes less than 30 seconds to sign.

Please turn your passion for railroads into real-world activism. All that is needed is a signature. Spread it around to your friends/family as well. Thanks!

Please Sign in SUPPORT of freight rail:

https://www.change.org/p/gov-andrew-cuo ... ong-island

Thank You for your time and signature. Together, we can win this fight against the NIMBYs.