Railroad Forums 

• Autoracks on the East End of the Philly Sub

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1510331  by ekt8750

I've noticed that autoracks have been showing up on manifest trains east of the autorack yard in Twin Oaks, PA. I take it the high and wide restrictions in Boone Tunnel have been lifted?
 #1564977  by RDG467

ekt8750 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:34 pm I've noticed that autoracks have been showing up on manifest trains east of the autorack yard in Twin Oaks, PA. I take it the high and wide restrictions in Boone Tunnel have been lifted?
It's been a while since I've visited here, so I just saw this post today. Hyundai has been shipping vehicles from the Port of Philadelphia since 2019. They're using what was going to be the Mustin Intermodal Yard, which NS built, but never used, just south of Greenwich Yard in S. Phila. The *old* autorack yard at Delaware and Oregon still has trackage, but is used for storing the cars before loading.

I think the state is going to pay for part or all of the Boone Tunnel clearance project, which *may* start this year.