Railroad Forums 

• CSX Business Train on the Philadelphia High Line

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1499619  by mcgrath618

Hello,
I am not very knowledgeable about CSX as I am other railroads, but as I was walking from class about 10 minutes ago I saw what was either the CSX Geometry train, or by the look of the consist, a CSX business train. The consist was a Geep pulling two passenger cars. Unfortunately, I was too far away to really get a good picture.
Does anyone know anything more about this? I thought that the High Line was Conrail territory. What would a CSX business train be doing up there?
Thanks in advance!
 #1499627  by mcgrath618

ExCon90 wrote:They run revenue trains there all the time, and I think I remember seeing that the High Line is now part of CSX, with NS using it under trackage rights.
I don't think that would make much sense though, as CSX has a track just on the other side of the river that pretty much goes to the same place.
I know they both run revenue trains on it since it's shared but I just thought it was weird seeing a CSX business train up there.
 #1499635  by mcgrath618

Backshophoss wrote:CSX picked up an ex MPI lease unit,last used by MBTA,to power their Track Geo trains instead of 1 of the biz fleet F-40's
Was built by MPI for MARC service
That may have been it actually. What's its roadnumber?
 #1502105  by glennk419

mcgrath618 wrote:
ExCon90 wrote:They run revenue trains there all the time, and I think I remember seeing that the High Line is now part of CSX, with NS using it under trackage rights.
I don't think that would make much sense though, as CSX has a track just on the other side of the river that pretty much goes to the same place.
I know they both run revenue trains on it since it's shared but I just thought it was weird seeing a CSX business train up there.
CSX uses the High Line to access Greenwich Yard in South Philly, adjacent to the stadium area. The ex-B&O line on the east side of the river goes to Eastside Yard in Grays Ferry and points south. While the lines do join alongside 26th Street, the High Line allows trains not needing to do business at Eastside to avoid it altogether.