Railroad Forums 

• CSX when tracking thru Northboro

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1446171  by MaryannMack

I'm so glad I found information on the line that runs thru Northboro. I have forever loved trains, well most of all I love hearing the whistle blow. I want to say that the train man, the guy running the train, the CSX going thru Northboro is just great. He is the best whistle blower ever to come thru that I can remember. I live on a street where the train runs pretty close. There is a bridge overpass on Rice Ave which I am close to. I can always feel the train come thru as well. But, boy oh boy do I love this train master. He has just the right flare for blowing that whistle. Not too much not too little and he does it with quite a bit of style. I just wish that I could let him know. I hope somehow the master of this forum can tell him that Maryann just loves when he rides thru. Tell him, Big thanks from Maryann. When he comes to the overpass of Whitney and Rice and if he gives a short 3 set of whistle then I know he will have got the message. I sure hope so. How wonderful is the whistle of the train!
 #1447280  by Knucklehead

AmtrakLocomotiveEngineer wrote:Why couldn't somebody with your appreciation/enthusiasm for the horn be trackside when I used to work that job? Lol. You sure did get me curios as to who the engineer on that run is nowadays. I'll be asking for sure.
I believe it is young Marto.