Railroad Forums 

• CSX In Boston Area

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1471476  by Knucklehead

johnpbarlow wrote:There's anger (well, one person anyhow) in Foxboro over CSX freight yarding moves that apparently occur in the night and early morning

https://patch.com/massachusetts/foxboro ... re-routine

Read the letter which is little nonsensical and then watch the video - the person taking the video is yelling at the crew and other RR personnel (and there is brief calm encounter with a local cop). "What the hell are you doing!?! What is going on here!?! You've got to be kidding me!" and locomotives are operating at "jet engine" decibel levels.

The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... Jo7Wti9FtQ

Has CSX changed its operating procedures on this line? Has Mr DiMauro have any reasonable basis for his complaints? Obviously trains have been operating here for 150+ years.
Well, what do you expect when you live near railroad tracks? The people in Jacksonville do not care that it's 4:00 AM and you're trying to sleep - they are trying to move their freight, and have to work around passenger and commuter rail schedules!
 #1476021  by AmtrakLocomotiveEngineer

What an idiot. The Road Foreman from CSX remained professional but at the same time seems pretty clueless. I worked that territory during my CSX days and had a few others complain further north. Even when we shut the engine down while at a pizza shop they still bitched. Why the hell would you buy property next to a railroad line and then complain? I understand that Realtors probably lie and say the line is dead or used very infrequently to sell the house, but still, the railroad has been there for over 100 years.
 #1476307  by ExCon90

That part about the Realtor is certainly true -- people need to remember that the Realtor acts for the seller, not the buyer. What do they think he's going to say?