Railroad Forums 

• CSX Fitchburg Secondary Discussion

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1311754  by frrc

They arrive in Leominster every Tuesday/Thursday from 1:00pm - 03:00pm, and head South ususally around 5:00pm, though sometimes later

Joef
 #1311808  by Sprinter611

After a getting a "no-show" NS unit on Amtrak 449 in Westborough, I swung by Berlin and noticed the maintance equipment was gone, but a new red sign was up probably 5 yards east of the Randall Rd xing, the same sign is at Water St in Clinton
 #1312101  by SpiderHill

Sprinter611 wrote:If today's B724 was tied down only a few 100 yards west, there would have been a "Over Under" as Pan Am SEPO crossed under at 0708hrs
They nearly always tie down between Napa Auto Parts and the old train station. The longer the train is, the closer to the station they seem to tie down. Here is a quick iPhone grab I got back last February. I just missed by about 30 seconds being able to get SEPOs power under the bridge. I had to stop at the crossing and this was totally unexpected.
20140225_132941433_iOS - sized.jpg
A couple of weeks before this picture, they tied down at this spot going back to Framingham. That was the only time I have ever seen them do that. Both locomotives were on the bridge with the nose of the lead engine at the station and the rest of the train all on the bridge.. On that day I heard SEPO go by in the predawn hours so no picture was even possible. Too bad because it was setup perfectly.
 #1312364  by Sprinter611

If they have a big train they will tie up there. But today's B724 has 6201 & 6206??? with 6 scrap cars for Reisners, 3 boxes and a few tanks and is tied down at Clinton at 0700
 #1314723  by SpiderHill

Sprinter611 wrote:The Flanger made it's way to Leominster today, passing Pratt's Junction at 4:05pm with CSXT 6229 CSXT 6205 & CSXT 64713 (Flanger)
And back through Clinton just before 7pm. I am actually surprised they ran up there today. We have had less snow in past storms and it has taken a couple of days to plow. I don't believe they ran Monday so maybe a bit more urgency.
 #1314770  by consist

I lost my water (frozen pipe) in the blizzard and wound up camping out at Motel 6 Framingham, in the only room with a view (the whole building is wrapped in tarp for renovations, but it sagged below my window). I can see the Ag Branch crossing at California Ave from here, in an industrial park with no more rail customers. I'll holler if I see a train.
 #1314980  by Sprinter611

Well after a 5pm arrival in Clinton last night, B724 dropped 5 tanks on the runaround and went back to Framingham. Those 5 tanks are still on the runaround at Clinton at 0700hrs
 #1315019  by SpiderHill

Sprinter611 wrote:Well after a 5pm arrival in Clinton last night, B724 dropped 5 tanks on the runaround and went back to Framingham. Those 5 tanks are still on the runaround at Clinton at 0700hrs
They went further north than Clinton. I got home after 6:15pm and heard them go by after that. I didn't get up to see which way they were going. It's possible they dropped cars at Bestway and were heading back to Clinton when I heard them.