Railroad Forums 

• CSX purchasing 4-axle power from UP to ease shortage.

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1220875  by MC6853

googanelli wrote:I've not been able to find any data anywhere to show that CSX has purchased these engines.

Joe
The general consensus is that this is all false information... There's no photos at all of any UP B40-8s moving to CSX, no other site (and for that matter, no other person) is reporting on it, and a lot of the units mentioned have been confirmed scrapped or up for auction... Some of the units in the list appear in this link below; if CSX has already bought them they wouldn't be appearing here on this auction site...

http://adamsauctionslive.com/servlet/Se ... rPage=9999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also there's flaws with the facts presented... The fact that they conveniently purchased enough units to fill the entire 5900-5999 block? Even numbers 5932 and 5947, vacated by units retired prematurely due to wrecks? Random numbers vacated by wrecked units usually aren't filled back up like that... And the fact that they're supposedly all painted in the new HTM scheme already?

I alluded to this in the other topic about these units, now I'm saying it clear as day- Not buying this story at all...