Railroad Forums 

• Mohawk River bridge work beginning May 26th?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1185681  by lakeshoredave

i read this on another message board....any truth to this:

CSX will have a complete shut down over Memorial Day Weekend starting at 07:00 on Sunday May 26 and lasting until 19:00 on Tuesday May 28. Not real sure what for or where at but this will effect the New York to Chicago corridor. No planned maintenance work can be done from Chicago to New York on Wednesday May 29 and Thursday May 30 until the traffic back log has been cleared.
 #1187890  by aabrea2

Does anyone have more information on this topic? I have not seen any service notices on the Albany-Buffalo Amtrak routes for this coming weekend. I believe it was last year during Labor Day weekend that CSX did both signal cut in's in the Hoffmans-Amsterdam-Fonda area as well as work on the bridge over the Mohawk. I am looking to be positioned when the tracks are clear and the backlog parade begins.
 #1188350  by roadster

Signal cut over between CP 198 and CP 235. There are several train annulments and reroutes. I don't have the whole list available. Lessor priority freights are being annulled and run on the 28th as X's. I expect the Mohawk to be fairly quiet all weekend until Tuesday evening.
 #1189071  by roadster

I haven't seen anything in Bulletins yet. But, I'd expect the usual signal suspension procedures to be in place to keep a minimum of traffic moving through the project area.
 #1189315  by Railjunkie

Went UCA on AMT 281 back on AMT 64 Sunday, no problems a slight delay westbound waiting for a train to clear. Got two EC-1s west first CP198 to CP225 second CP225 to CP 235 on the return we got "coast to coast" 235 to 198. All in all a very smooth day.