Railroad Forums 

• Priceless Chessie Steamer threatened

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1172637  by Tadman

Hey guys, I'm Tad, the mod from the Amtrak forum. I have something important to me: the SS Badger, former C&O/Chessie steam ferry, has its live steam status threatened. I've got a detailed post about the letter you can write to help save it in the Midwest Railfan forum here: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 5&t=144805

Thanks for your help. No need for donations, it's more of a permitting issue.

Mods, it would be huge if you can let this thread hang out for a while in the efforts to save a steamer. Thanks!
 #1172717  by Noel Weaver

I have been on more than one steam powered vessel and they are all priceless whether they are large or small. This is something well worth supporting.
Noel Weaver
 #1172751  by charlie6017

Tadman wrote:Mods, it would be huge if you can let this thread hang out for a while in the efforts to save a steamer. Thanks!
No need to worry.........I keep it pretty flexible over here. I hope this steamer can be saved. ;-)

Charlie
 #1172989  by charlie6017

Tad, by the way--please keep us posted as to the progress of this vessel. I have a soft spot for
watercraft like this, ferries, tugs etc.

Thanks very much!
Charlie
 #1174447  by Noel Weaver

Good news, I hope, according to the Trains Magazine newsline an agreement has been reach to allow this historic vessel to run again this year and I think in to the future as well. The issue was/is disposal of ashes and the authorities do not want them disposed of in Lake Michigan.
Noel Weaver