Railroad Forums 

• Dewitt NY CSX Yard live broadcasts

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1071225  by mic1011

Hello,

This is my first post here! I come to share my trainwatching/trainspotting/railfanning broadcasts with all of you who may be interested!

A few times a week I park by the Dewitt CSX yard in East Syracuse NY, and broadcast the trains going by live to my Ustream.tv page. It is free, and is solely for the enjoyment of the few viewers I have so far! I would love to share the experience with as many people as possible, because it's awesome, and not everyone has access to a busy railyard like this. The Dewitt yard I visit 3 or 4 times a week is the busiest in NY state.

If you are interested in watching trains with me, all you have to do is visit my ustream page. http://ustream.tv/channel/mic1011

There is a chatroom as well, which allows the viewers and I to chat while we hang out and watch trains. I hope to see some new names tonight! I will be heading to the tracks at 6:30PM Eastern time. See ya there.
 #1073142  by jbeckley68

Hello there, unfortunately old Dewitt gave up the title of NYS busiest/largest yard title back in the mid-late 60's. The NYC/PRR brass at the time (Perlman) decided that Dewitt could not be upgraded to meet the upcoming merged R.R needs.

Selkirk (perlman yard) near Albany has that title now...

(Dewitt in the 50's-early 60's would have been fun)