Railroad Forums 

• Point Pleasent West Virginia?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1509758  by BAR

Passed through Point Pleasant last week and I have a few questions:

1. It looks like an operating crew is based in Point Pleasant since there were a couple of units parked near the former station. If so where does the crew operate to and what customers do they serve?

2. Do any through trains operate through Point Pleasant and if so where do they originate and terminate?

3. Is there any interchange in Point Pleasant between the CSX and the former New York Central's successor (Kanawha something)?

Thanks for any info and details appreciated.

BAR
 #1531313  by BAR

I never received any replies to my inquiry so I will resurrect in once more and if no replies I will forget about it. Any information about Point Pleasant operations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 #1531353  by mmi16

Point Pleasant is on CSX's Ohio River Sub that runs from Wheeling to Guyandotte (outside Huntington). I believe there is a Road Switcher job that starts and is relieved at Point Pleasant and serves industries out of Point Pleasant. There was, when I was working, one merchandise train in each direction between Russell, KY and Cumberland, MD (Q316 & Q317) - this may have changed with the implementation of PSR. The merchandise trains would deliver inbound cars for the various Road Switcher Jobs along the route and pick up the outbound cars that the Road Switchers had accumulated in their areas of service.

Occasionally there would be a bulk commodity train operated on the route.