Railroad Forums 

• CRHS Excursion info - June 16

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#1049974  by rswinnerton

Just an FYI- on June 16, the CRHS special train 'Susquehanna Limited' will depart Wahington DC bound for Harrisburg PA via the Port Road. The train will briefly stop in Enola Yard for food service to be loaded and then cross the river on Rockville Bridge and return to Washington via the Roy Branch to Columbia and again on the Port Road. The consist will be:
2 PRR E8s
1 Amtrak Genesis
11 Amfleet coache
2 Amfleet Cafe cars
Kitchi Gammi Club
Warrior Ridge
Little Juniata Rapids
PRR 120

The train is planned to leave from Washington at 0800 and has sold to capacity.

The CRHS is interested in photo submission for an upcoming issue of Conrail Quarterly magazine and for future trip websites and printed material.

Thank You,
Russ Swinnerton / Trip Co-ordinator / CRHS President
 #1055093  by chuchubob

TAMR213 wrote:Have heard good reports from friends who were able to ride it.
The departure was delayed by one hour because of a bad-ordered Amfleet car that had to be cut out and replaced (because every seat on the train was sold).
It was a great trip, from beginning to end.
 #1057861  by Mike77E9

Hello All!

I know it's been a few weeks since the excursion, put I have finally put together my geo-tagged photos from the trip, and what an awesome trip it was! Here's the link below:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1020998193 ... redirect=1#

Also, I have a separate album with all the people that were chasing the excursion on facebook - please feel free to tag yourselves if you like, enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 131&type=1

I'd like to thank the Conrail Historical Society for putting together a fantastic excursion, and I look forward to their next one! A job well done!
 #1068628  by Mike77E9

rswinnerton wrote:Glad you guys enjoyed it. Look for another in 2013 on all new (for us, anyway) routing that is VERY rare mileage. I'll post more info when it's locked in.
Thanks!
Will it be in the Northeast (NJ, PA, Maryland) area?
 #1083979  by rwk

I just read on their facebook in a long post about their future plans that the 2013 excursion will start in Philadelphia and feature rare mileage! Just have to keep watching their page and site for further info.