Railroad Forums 

• Conrail marked vehicles in bayonne, NJ.

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#880063  by HBLR

So, i've spotted some conrail marked pickup trucks near the 34th street HBLR station in bayonne, nj. Do you know what they are doing here? I know the line is active to bergen point, so just curious what they are up to.
 #880685  by andre

they may be owned by the "share assets"
 #881065  by HBLR

That is the "national docks" line i'm thinking, which is conrail, but i wanna know what they have been doing. They recently removed at least one spur that crosses route 440 onto the southern landfill pier. I believe the northern landfill pier is getting a container port, so i think they are keeping that spur, but i'm not sure.
 #888431  by scharnhorst

I see a few Conrail marked trucks every once and a while in Cayuga, NY they seem to have there work done at a Truck mechanic shop there. A large 10 wheel hi-rail dump truck seems to spend a lot of time there every 2 or 3 months..
 #889042  by HBLR

There are also dozens of what look like rotted wood ties now sitting next to the track for as long as i can see all the way up into jersey city. Combined with seeing fresh track going into the bergen tunnel, i can guess they may be rehabilitating this line. Taking into further consideration the new container port facility going in for post-panamax ships coming though the new wider panama canal passage, they may be prepping this line to handle large volumes of container traffic from said port facility. Does my theory hold water? Is this in fact what is going on?