Railroad Forums 

• American flag decals on Conrail locomotives

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#649254  by JADes718

I just noticed, in pictures, that locomotives in the conrail quality paint have US Flags in the cabs. Does anyone know if this was a standard thing. Also when did Conrail start putting them on?
 #651040  by RDGTRANSMUSEUM

I worked for Conrail in the 90's,mostly as a road conductor. We used to get the CSX power out of Allentown and on the other end at Phila,CP Belmont or CP River , Park Jct. I remember the CSX units had the small flag decals on the side of the cab, also the control stands on CSX units had decals about saving fuel by notching back. Our CR units had none of those decals. I would think the CR units that went to CSX had them applied after 1999.
 #651334  by RDGTRANSMUSEUM

Nice pics,W-1. Those were NOT on the units under Conrail,and wow, they are big decals.