Railroad Forums 

• CSAO Philadelphia Operations

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#422167  by B&M Signal 555

What Conrail locals work in the Phillidelphia area now? I understand the CA jobs out of Pavonia work the Jersey side, but as to Frankford Jct, the Chester Secondary, Port Richmond, NEC up to Trenton and the Stoney Creek areas im unsure as to what CSAO trains operate.

Also-Does the Conrail South Jersey TD dispatch the Trenton Line from CP Hatch over the River into Phillidelphia?

Thank You

#422437  by JADes718

I think SEPTA 3 might dispatch that, but I don't know the Freq. I think that SEPTA 1 dispacthes the Trenton Line from CP-Trent to CP Berry.

#423305  by CP Wood

B&M, you are correct. South Jersey controls that territory.
 #432761  by JJMDiMunno

B&M Signal 555 wrote:What Conrail locals work in the Phillidelphia area now? I understand the CA jobs out of Pavonia work the Jersey side, but as to Frankford Jct, the Chester Secondary, Port Richmond, NEC up to Trenton and the Stoney Creek areas im unsure as to what CSAO trains operate.

Also-Does the Conrail South Jersey TD dispatch the Trenton Line from CP Hatch over the River into Phillidelphia?

Thank You
I know there's a couple of FJ trains that still operate out of Frankford Jnct, pretty sure...also some SC crews for Stony Creek...couldn't tell you the symbols though, as I'm a completely Jersey guy. FJ-3 comes to mind however, for some reason...

CA-01 from Camden does cross the bridge into PA and goes over to South Philly with a stop at Frankford Jnct. This is daily, Mon-Fri.

And yes, CR South Jersey does the Delair Branch, which is the technical name for that line over the Delair Bridge and over to CP PARK.

Mike DiMunno