Railroad Forums 

• Please someone tell the media.

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#379002  by Conrail1990

I just watched on my local news that a decading train structure is Conrails fault and Conrails Responsibility. I guess someone didnt mention to them that Conrail has been non-running since 1999. So how is it Conrails problem?

#379017  by Noel Weaver

Could be Conrail Shared Assets in southern New Jersey.
Noel Weaver

#379064  by scottychaos

a news story here in Rochester (NY) recently said "the B&O tracks"..
hasnt been the B&O since 1972.

All news companys, TV and newspapers, are always way-off in their reporting..they probably just use old maps that havent been updated yet..
they catch up eventually..20 or 40 years later...and by then its a different railroad anyway..

Scot

#379246  by conrail71

In Rochester, sometimes the city fire dispatcher will make refference to the B&O railroad property or the Penn Central tracks. I think it's got something to do with the older property maps and stuff that just haven't been changed in a while.
Mike

#379330  by GOLDEN-ARM

What exactly, is a "decading" train structure? One at least ten years old? :P

#380269  by zoomdude

conrail is still very much alive. i work for them as a matter of fact. are form d's are still conrail, even when other rail roads travel on our track they must get form d's. We have our own signal depertment, track guys, maintainers and everything we had before the merger, but now we are just smaller!

#386386  by rocketman

Maybe he means the Conrail as we ALL would like to remember it was.

#388179  by washingtonsecondary

zoomdude wrote:conrail is still very much alive. i work for them as a matter of fact. are form d's are still conrail, even when other rail roads travel on our track they must get form d's. We have our own signal depertment, track guys, maintainers and everything we had before the merger, but now we are just smaller!
You forgot to mention the detectors on conrail tracks still call out "CONRAIL..."

#388353  by umtrr-author

In my experience, local media is perfectly comfortable getting railroad-related data wrong, and not terribly interested in getting the proper information to get it right...