Railroad Forums 

• GP40 3085

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#1398649  by Martin Baumann

Can anyone confirm a retirement date/disposition for GP40 3085. Sources on and offline do not agree and it may not have made it to CR but I can't find a Penn Central wreck report where it is mentioned.

Thanks,

Martin Baumann
 #1399574  by CPBelt

Martin,

All my 1976 Conrail rosters show that it never made it to Conrail. I'd have to dig around my Penn Central books to see if they would unearth anything, but I do have a handy photo of it still in operation in 1970 and it's was still in its full NYC paint. What happened after that, I don't know. It was one of several PC GP40's that never made it onto Conrail, though they did have numbers reserved for them. Wish I could be of more help.

Regards,
Bob W