Railroad Forums 

• Conrail Employment Records

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#10332  by writer9

I am looking for some really specific info for an article I'm writing. I need to find the total rail employment by conrail from 1992 to 1999 divided up by job categories. I think this would be public information but I have no idea where to find it.

Any help or ideas would be really great.
Thanks

#10467  by Otto Vondrak

Check Conrail annual reports... available in the libraries of most larger cities. The annual report should list total employment for that year...

-otto-

#10735  by writer9

Otto Vondrak wrote:Check Conrail annual reports... available in the libraries of most larger cities. The annual report should list total employment for that year...

-otto-

Thanks otto,

I found some annual reports but they don't seem to break the employment down by number of people in each craft. I talked to the FRA and the DOT and they don't have anything either.

I'll keep looking, but it looks less and less hopeful.