Railroad Forums 

• CP West Croxton & CP Croxton

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#1336133  by CPSK

Hi;
I hear references to "CP West Croxton", and "CP Croxton" on the Conrail North Jersey channel. I did a search and found that CP West Croxton is at the NYS&W switch south of CP1. But where is CP Croxton? Is it at the Croxton yard switches a bit south of CP West Croxton?
It's interesting that "CP West Croxton" is actually at the east end of Croxton yard.

CP

edit: OK, this just occurred to me. The 'northern' is an ex-Erie railroad, and Erie always ran from east to west. So even if the track runs south to north, it's named like it's east to west.
 #1336308  by waldwickrailfan

CPSK wrote:Hi;
I hear references to "CP West Croxton", and "CP Croxton" on the Conrail North Jersey channel. I did a search and found that CP West Croxton is at the NYS&W switch south of CP1. But where is CP Croxton? Is it at the Croxton yard switches a bit south of CP West Croxton?
It's interesting that "CP West Croxton" is actually at the east end of Croxton yard.

CP

edit: OK, this just occurred to me. The 'northern' is an ex-Erie railroad, and Erie always ran from east to west. So even if the track runs south to north, it's named like it's east to west.
CP Croxton are the crossovers that connect Croxton Yard and the National Docks to the Conrail Northern Branch
 #1362706  by pumpers

waldwickrailfan wrote: CP Croxton are the crossovers that connect Croxton Yard and the National Docks to the Conrail Northern Branch
Is this what used to be called Bergen Junction back in the EL/Erie days? Is there still technically a Bergen Junction?
JIm S
EDIT: nevermind - the Bergen Jct I was thinking of was where the old Erie Bergen County line connected to the DLW to get into Hoboken, back in the EL days. Somewhere under that NJ Turnpike exit loop that goes back up to Secaucus station.