Railroad Forums 

• Conrail Last 2 Years- memories

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#1221298  by CNJ Fan 4evr

I put a short DVD together the other night. It was the last 2 years of Conrail from May 1997-May 31, 1999. It was interesting to not only see some of the motive power. GP 15s,B40s,SD45-2s, MP15s,3200 numbered GP 40s, Ballast Express units and the new SD70 MAcs and SD 70s numbered in NS sequence.I also got Easton tower and Bethlehem engine terminal before they demolished them. Even have shots of the hump at Allentown and the SD38/slug set that was almost always there. What struck me was how many general merchandise freights ran on the Lehigh line then. Now we are ecstatic when one comes by. Another interesting thing was seeing all the odd combos in the days leading up to split-up day. Here's one. A CSX set on ballast duty at P'burg. about a month and a half before NS took over Lehigh Line. Another was a C40-8W and SD60 on the Washington secondary job. Grungy old B23-7 #1900 coming back to Allentown. On the final day of CR Lehigh operations a set of SD 80 MACS leading a freight east. Ah, the good old days. The DVD I made myself is a rough draft. I need to learn how to do that on computer so I can make a professional style one. A friend of mine shot endless hours of CR from fall 1993-1998. I'd like to combine his footage and mine for a really cool DVD.
We could do a 2 hr. DVD on just foreign power on CR.
 #1225101  by bluedash2

Nice you did that. Never enough memories of big blue. However, you noted seeing MP15's. You probably saw the SW1500 s as the MP15's were returned back to EMD in '88. Good luck on the DVD....