Railroad Forums 

• CP Pike

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#1065516  by CPSK

Hey;
anyone know where CP Pike is in NJ?
It seems to be somewhere in the vicinity of the OI yards in Newark, as I can hear trains moving past it on the Conrail NJ channel.

Thanks

CP
 #1210080  by GOLDEN-ARM

pike is the south end of the crossover, from the east receiving yard at oak island. "oak" is the end at lv oak island, "pike" is the end at the turnpike bridge, on the pc end of the connection. :wink:
 #1216725  by CPSK

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:pike is the south end of the crossover, from the east receiving yard at oak island. "oak" is the end at lv oak island, "pike" is the end at the turnpike bridge, on the pc end of the connection. :wink:
Thanks much.

FW
 #1220289  by bbobes327

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:pike is the south end of the crossover, from the east receiving yard at oak island. "oak" is the end at lv oak island, "pike" is the end at the turnpike bridge, on the pc end of the connection. :wink:

could we get pictures or diagram for that? haha tricky wording
 #1221010  by GOLDEN-ARM

here's a horrible screen grab, from google maps, with some stuff added by me.

#1221244  by bbobes327

That clears it up, thanks! haha

I know that CP Fran is what CP PN used to be, but what is the name of the junction about 2 miles south of that? Where the E-Port Yard and E-Rail yards converge onto the Chemical Coast? On google maps there are a handful of crossovers so I'm pretty certain all of those crossovers wouldnt be handthrown.

Any help?