Railroad Forums 

• D&H ``Toys for Tots`` Train

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#1234997  by Engineer Spike

D&H still exists. I am a D&H employee. RRB shows it as my employer on my BA6, as does my W4. My copy of the collective bargaining agreements state that is is an agreement entered into between D&H and BLET, not CP.
 #1235112  by Engineer Spike

CPR is a Canadian company, and D&H is a US company. D&H is an operating company.Until about 10 years ago, everything was still D&H. About that time they filed for a DBA ( doing business as) to call themselves CP. All STB filings are D&H. The same is true about SOO Line. The only reason for the DBA was marketing.

Penn Central was a bad analogy. They still own the Harlem Line, and likely some other lines which did not make the cut in the CR final system plan. None of its employees are engaged in railroading. D&H owns cars, locomotives, and track. It also has employees such as myself who operate trains and are directly paid by the D&H to do so.

The real D&H, which started as Delaware and Hudson Canal Company divested itself of the railroad in 1967. N&W formed Delaware and Hudson Railway. The original went into other industries. I heard that one was IHop restaurants. D&H Railway was N&W's vehicle to own the former D&H Railroad Co.'s railroad assets. There may have been one or two other D&H names to distinguish the pre and post bankruptcy entities.

You can argue this topic all day long. All I know is that D&H pays me well on every Friday!
 #1424058  by DannyEngineer2

That's amazing picture. I have to agree with Engineer Spike that
D&H still exists. I am a D&H employee. RRB shows it as my employer on my BA6, as does my W4. My copy of the collective bargaining agreements state that is is an agreement entered into between D&H and BLET, not CP.
I used to work for them in 2013 so I belive they are still exists.