Railroad Forums 

• Soo Line GP38-2's being sold?

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#1178565  by Jmusolf

According to the Soo Line fan page on Facebook the SOO geeps are being sold off which I have a hard time believing considering that a good majority of them are penciled in to be rebuilt.

"According to someone in charge of things at the CP power desk, a handful of 4400 series have ALREADY been sold. They are to be sent up to Calgary within the next several weeks to be sent to the new owner." claims the page's owner and another poster who works for CPR also claimed the Geeps are being sold as a cost cutting measure.

So can anyone else who works for CPR validate if this is true or not? Information found through social networking is always very reliable obviously.

If anyone wants to see the fan page that discusses the sale of the Geeps, here's a link;

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Soo-Line-Railroad
 #1184502  by Jmusolf

I'm starting to think the rumor is BS. I've been seeing the same two Soo geeps (4410 and 4401) on the DM&E lines where I live along with Soo 2041 (GP40 but still).
 #1218183  by Allen Hazen

And one (in full red-and-white Soo colours, coupled to a solid red CP GP38-2) was switching the Edmonton (Whyte Avenue in Old Strathcona) yard at 8pm on Saturday, 27.ix.2013. (First time I've seen a Soo unit here, though I gather their appearance is not unknown.)