Railroad Forums 

• IC 1007?

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#881042  by CN Sparky

Anyone seen it in the last few days?

Apparently it has just been released from Quality Rail, after undergoing some mods... I believe it's got DPU stuff onboard now. Curious to see if QRS painted it to CN colours or not, among other things...
 #881680  by CN_Hogger

Where in the world did they put the DP screens? Like the 1000's aren't cluttered enough already...
 #881697  by CN Sparky

CN_Hogger wrote:Where in the world did they put the DP screens? Like the 1000's aren't cluttered enough already...
No idea. I haven't seen any drawings of where it was even proposed... kinda curious. If (when?) I see it, I'll take some pics for all to see.
 #885499  by CN Sparky

Looks like a whole slew of them have been released now. No repaints..

IC 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004 are all out and about. I saw pics of 1001-1004 together.. all still wearing Death Star paint, but with DP marker light boxes welded above the ditch lights.
 #887731  by Leo_Ames

Distributed power, which refers to helper units controlled remotely by the engineer in the lead locomotive.
 #887747  by Komachi

Leo_Ames wrote:Distributed power, which refers to helper units controlled remotely by the engineer in the lead locomotive.
** Slaps forehead ** D'oh!!!

See? Told ya. Yeah, I've heard of "distributed power" before. My function was not braining...
 #890715  by CN Sparky

CN_Hogger wrote:Where in the world did they put the DP screens? Like the 1000's aren't cluttered enough already...
Looks like they made a bracket to hang it from the side of the control stand. See attached pic.

Appears to have the Wabtec Fastbrake handles now, no longer the Epic 2 brakes. Could be wrong, I didn't get to see inside the brake compartment. And the spot where the old Epic 2 screen was is plated over, the plate size looks like it might be where the PTC screen will end up for 2015?
 #892352  by CNRConductor

M30141D-17 arrived into Cloverbar Yard in Edmonton early this morning to set off. CN 8905 in the lead with IC 1002 cut-in mid-train. Was weird seeing a standard cab unit, one not in CN colours, working as a DPU.
 #892832  by Deval

These engines are getting a lot of attention. IC 1000 is currently on the point of M34791-20 and will lead in to Canada!

So, in addition to DP, these engines have picked up alerters, microwaves and hotplates!
 #895141  by CN_Hogger

They've put alerters on a few years ago, I think after the Anding, MS wreck. Not sure where they would put a microwave and hot plate?
 #895142  by CN_Hogger

CN Sparky wrote:
Looks like they made a bracket to hang it from the side of the control stand. See attached pic.

Appears to have the Wabtec Fastbrake handles now, no longer the Epic 2 brakes. Could be wrong, I didn't get to see inside the brake compartment. And the spot where the old Epic 2 screen was is plated over, the plate size looks like it might be where the PTC screen will end up for 2015?

Thanks for the pic! There goes the convienent place to put your feet! I would agree with the size of that plate, looks about the same size as the Dash 9 I had a few months ago with PTC mods.
 #910533  by Dexterbateman

I serviced this unit a couple days ago, 2 traction motors burnt up, one was on fire! not sure what caused it but here a Mac yard we are repairing it as we speak
 #913778  by CN_Hogger

I had it as a leader on March 21st... Ran fine, DB was bad order though.