Railroad Forums 

• C.N. trackage in Northern Ontario?

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#717785  by Ken V

According to the Canadian Trackside Guide, Collins is at mp 21.1 and Savant Lake is at mp 76.6 of the Allanwater Sub, so it's 55.5 miles by rail. Is there some reason you're asking? It looks like the track maintainer jobs may have been filled.
 #718730  by gaspeamtrak

Ken V wrote:According to the Canadian Trackside Guide, Collins is at mp 21.1 and Savant Lake is at mp 76.6 of the Allanwater Sub, so it's 55.5 miles by rail. Is there some reason you're asking? It looks like the track maintainer jobs may have been filled.

Yes i had applied for these jobs and my application was being reviewed. Oh well i will keep on applying with CN!
Can you tell me where this link or its Homepageis as i have another application up for review?
I was just curious as to what Savant Lake and Collins, Ontario was like ie: size of them and housing/stores/motels or where you would stay if CN hired you to work up in Northern Ontario?
Thank you for this tip!
 #972168  by gomez

There is Apt for rent anywere Lol the north ain't that small I work for Cn in the north and we move arround and you will always find some lodging somewere