Railroad Forums 

• About CN's new SD70M-2's...

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#402055  by bikitdi

The headlights will be mounted on the nose... But it also have that box on the roof, covered with a plate... so they can go back to roof headlights whenever they want maybe?
There's also a pair of marker lights beside the number light box.

As for the noise issue... the HVAC duct in the sub-base is modified... (i dont see how much difference it can make...)
And there are more anti-vibe materials inside the cab...

#402829  by bikitdi

Sorry I dont have that info

the first cab is almost finish though

#431734  by lock4244

I've seen shots at London of CN 8800, 8801, 8802 and 8803 completed, painted and outside on the EMC property. So I guess they are starting delivery without a delay afterall... or maybe they are just completing a few.

#432168  by bufftbone

air conditioning? these damn 100+ degree days in these old covered wagons or the jeeps with the boner fans are not good.

#432374  by CN_Hogger

bufftbone wrote:air conditioning? these damn 100+ degree days in these old covered wagons or the jeeps with the boner fans are not good.
The 8000's and 2200's have AC so I would assume so...

#432516  by Tadman

I hate to ask, but what is a boner fan?

#432535  by CN_Hogger

Tadman wrote:I hate to ask, but what is a boner fan?
I've never heard them called that before, but what he's talking about is a pair of electric fans that are mounted on the front cab wall of most IC & GTW Geeps. About all they're good for is blowing hot air at you and making noise.
 #436220  by nickleinonen

bikitdi wrote:The headlights will be mounted on the nose... But it also have that box on the roof, covered with a plate... so they can go back to roof headlights whenever they want maybe?
There's also a pair of marker lights beside the number light box.

As for the noise issue... the HVAC duct in the sub-base is modified... (i dont see how much difference it can make...)
And there are more anti-vibe materials inside the cab...
headlights on the nose i like much more.. the marker lights are for the DP

#439342  by bufftbone

Tadman wrote:I hate to ask, but what is a boner fan?
Exactly what cn hogger said. it's a little nickname that some of the gtw guys call them.

#440173  by bikitdi

lock4244 wrote:I've seen shots at London of CN 8800, 8801, 8802 and 8803 completed, painted and outside on the EMC property. So I guess they are starting delivery without a delay afterall... or maybe they are just completing a few.
actually what caused the delay? u guys have any idea?