Railroad Forums 

• WC 6652

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#375815  by hailster

Does anybody know what ever happened to WC 6652? It was an EMD FP45. From some research I've done it sounds like there were very few of these units made so I'm somewhat curious to see what happened to it. I'm hoping it was donated to a museum or something and not just scrapped.

Here's a picture I found on railpictures.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=3015

#375842  by W.E.Coyote

Probably went to Larry's with the F45's to become soup cans and razorblades.
 #376077  by Bryanjones

hailster wrote:Does anybody know what ever happened to WC 6652? It was an EMD FP45. From some research I've done it sounds like there were very few of these units made so I'm somewhat curious to see what happened to it. I'm hoping it was donated to a museum or something and not just scrapped.

Here's a picture I found on railpictures.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=3015
WC FP45 #6652 was sold to Larry's Truck Electric and is reported as having been scrapped.

Bryan Jones
Brooks,KY

#376146  by hailster

Thanks for the replies.

It's sad to see that unit go. But atleast a few of the SD45's are now roaming around :-D

#376178  by Leo_Ames

She was cut up like has been said in McDonald Ohio in April 2005.

At least 6 of the 8 Santa Fe FP45's were preserved though if I'm counting right.

Have any F45's been saved from the Santa Fe, or other railroads?

#376469  by doepack

Leo_Ames wrote:Have any F45's been saved from the Santa Fe, or other railroads?
Ex-ATSF FP45 (unit #92, in the classic red warbonnet scheme) is on display at the Illinois Railway Museum...

#376595  by Leo_Ames

Reread my post :)

I know that her and 5 of her sisters are preserved, I wasn't asking about FP45's.

#376718  by doepack

Ooops, sorry about that. Forgot to omit the "P"... :-)