Railroad Forums 

• Dead SD50F

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#387234  by jg greenwood

[/quote]

CN's older power is in a sad, sad state. I know someone who worked for CN in the 1980's and who said that the GP40-2LW units (fairly new at the time) were absolutely fantastic to run.[/quote]

Now, add the older IC junk to the mix. They should be ashamed of the trash they're running out here!!
 #387238  by amtrakhogger

Does CP maintain their power better than CN?
 #387245  by jg greenwood

amtrakhogger wrote:Does CP maintain their power better than CN?
If the CP does anything to their power, other than fuel/water, they definitely do!

#389025  by Two-Tone-Green

lol so true so true!

#405295  by bufftbone

CN_Hogger wrote:I hate to say it, but we'll probably have them around for quite some time. I'm one of the few engineer's that doesn't mind them too much. The desktop controls suck, but the limited view rearward never bothered me. Unless we're talking summertime, then I can't stand them, 0 air circulation!
Yes I KNOW!!!! Who are you by the way? I work out of Chicago too.