Railroad Forums 

• The IC E-units...

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#195283  by emd_SD_60

Who likes the silver/black scheme they're painted in? I don't. If I had my way they'd be painted in the old IC paint job, the chocolate brown/orange scheme of the 60's. :wink: There, they could have some "heritage units". :wink:

#195447  by Dieter

I'd rather see them in black, green, gold and yellow with a great big maple leaf on the nose.....

#198597  by Tadman

Yeah well I bet Hunter Harrison and Alan Fleming say the E's should be red/black/white... And while I'm not a fan of that, I wouldn't put it past them.

But I do like chocolate/orange the best. especially with the yellowish/white accent spears of the 1940's.

#198647  by trainiac

They used to be in CN green and gold... which was just fine with me. The current red/white/black scheme is atrocious.

#198672  by AmtrakFan

I don't mind what paint there in as long as they run.

#199325  by oleanfuzz

I personally would like to see them in the Zebra stripe scheme, flashback to 1975!

#199540  by CarterB

What color/s are the business cars that accompany the E's? and what were their various origins?

Bring back the Choc and Orange!!