Railroad Forums 

• Railfanning CN near Ottawa?

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#1092337  by mrgisa

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there are any folks near Ottawa/Brockville who know about CN operations? I'm thinking of driving down to Prescott on the weekend, but I don't know the area too well. Does anyone know a great spot to railfan? I've gone to a crossing in the past, but all I've caught are passenger trains so far and I'm sure there's a better place. Does anyone know how many CN trains go between Montreal/Toronto per day and the best time to see them?

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

Gisa ^^
 #1130418  by gp9rm4108

I know I am waaaaaay late on this but I can answer any questions about CN's Toronto-Montreal and Ottawa - Coteau operations.