Railroad Forums 

• Builders plates

• Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.
Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.

Moderator: lumpy72

#528236  by Richard Caig

I have been collecting builders plates for a few years now. I am just posting this listing to see if there are any other people out there with a simular interest.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Richard

#530633  by Tadman

Richard - I collect the builder's plates off old cranes. One brand of crane, Sheperd Niles, was owned by BLH at one time but spun off during the 1940's I believe. Crane builders plates are massive, I have a few that are as tall as me.

#530676  by Richard Caig

I would love to see a couple of pictures of the crane builders plates. They sound bigger than locomotive builders plates. Are there many people who collect them ? From time to time crane builders plates appear on Ebay or at some of the auctions where there are locomotive builders plates and they don't realize high dollars surprizingly. A short while ago I was looking at a crane builders plate on Ebay, built by Lima. Who are the main crane builders out there ? I guess Lima would be one, I have heard of a company called Marion but I am not sure they build cranes or mining shovels. My email address is [email protected] should you have any pictures. all the best, richard

#537134  by kevin kohls

Richard: You asked about crane companies so here we go. Bucyrus (started in Bucyrus, Ohio). Marion of Marion, Ohio. Erie of Buffalo?, Lima of Lima, Ohio, Industrial Brownhoist of Cleveland,Ohio. Browning of Cleveland, Ohio, McMyler Interstate of Bedford, Ohio, Ohio Locomotive Crane, Bucyrus, Ohio, Wellman Engineering of Cleveland, Ohio, Orton of Huntington, IN, Bay City of Bay City Michigan, Industrial of Bay City Michigan, Link Belt, P&H, American, Burro, Osgood of Marion, Ohio. There are more I have missed.

Kevin Kohls