Railroad Forums 

• Baldwins on the Oregon & Northwestern

• Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.
Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.

Moderator: lumpy72

#486641  by tomjohn

I don't know if this was answered in a earlier post,what or where are the OREGON AND NORTHWESTERN RR Baldwins? I know they were/or are 1/2 yellow on top 1/2 red bottom, I think these were Baldwin demos.

Tom

#486771  by GOLDEN-ARM

This might make your day!!! O&NW RAILROAD

#486778  by GN 599

Also check out the High Desert Rails website. It has a section on the O&NW. Two of them (#3 & 4 ) are in Portola railroad museum in Portola CA along with their ex-N&W caboose #300. Another is in Portland OR (#2 ). #1 in at the southwest railway museum.

#512349  by N. Todd

The landscape over there is so empty and quiet without the Baldwins...
 #530096  by Mr.SP

Jeff Moore's High Desert Rails site is excellent. There are several photos of the four AS-616's there including some from myself.
 #640675  by Owen S. Paulsen

The O&NW RR BALDWIN Loco No 1 is a Pacific Southwest Railway Museum (DBA San Diego Railroad Museum) in Campo,CA.
Still will red on top an yellow on bottom.
The unit roller-bearing the was when January 31, 1955 on the O&NW
We don't run it but the is complete an will may do.

http://www.sdrm.org/roster/diesel/d-1/index.html

Smile

Stan
 #647064  by GN 599

I got to visit the two at Portola this summer. I almost forgot. I will post some pics. They havent ran in a while but are all intact. They need a little TLC though.