Railroad Forums 

• AUSTIN-WESTERN Division of BLH - Brief history:

• Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.
Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.

Moderator: lumpy72

#800857  by kgparkhurst

We are very interested in the Austin-Western Road Machinery Co. The CEO of our company, W. E. Hall Co., Inc.'s father was involved in road building in the very early 1900's in conjunction with this company. He was involved in the California Highway road building at this time from Stanford down to Carpinteria.

She has an early "The Road Builder's Guide to a complete grading, rock crushing and road surfacing equipment" issued by the Austin-Western Road Machinery Co.-Chicago.

If it is possible, I would like to receive the article on the above company to share with her.

K.G. Parkhurst
W. E. Hall Co., Inc.
P.O. Box 2450
Newport Beach, CA 92658-8972
(949) 650-4555 Phone
[email protected]
 #937317  by locomotive112

Everyone that is still wanting "hankadam" (Hank) to send you a copy of his "five page narative" on the BLH Co. - Brief History,

its right here; http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... =5&t=28116

Just go through the thread and cut out all of Hanks "parts" until you have it all together.
 #960249  by johan54

I am partially restoring an Austin horse drawn grader ca. 1880 and would appreciate any information you could supply. There are a couple of missing pieces and I am trying to figure out what they were. The grader has metal wheels. Thanks.