Railroad Forums 

• Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe FP45 & F45

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#59241  by SSW9389

A total of seven FP45s and 20 F45s wore the SPSF paint scheme.

No F45s got the red warbonnet. All of the eight remaining FP45s got the red warbonnet paint.

Information on the disposition of the Santa Fe F45 and FP45 fleets can be found at qstation.org, specifically at Evan Werkama's Santa Fe Subjects website.
 #59586  by spalmer

Ever since BNSF made the bone-headed move to unload the BN-1 and 2
F9 units, I always thought they should re-furbish one or two ot the Santa Fe FP45s for business car moves. The cowled body looks sooo much better with passenger equipment. Either the Warbonnet paint (ala BNSF) or the Heritage II paint would look nice.
The UP has some nice looking power for their business cars, as does KCS... and I think NS does too. Why not BNSF?

In addition to making the business car fleet look better, the FP45s could also be pressed into freight service during power shortages...

Whaddya think???
 #59611  by SSW9389

Santa Fe could have done this when they still owned the FP45s. They did not. Of the seven remaining ex-Santa Fe FP45s six are in museums and one is for sale by CN.
spalmer wrote:Ever since BNSF made the bone-headed move to unload the BN-1 and 2
F9 units, I always thought they should re-furbish one or two ot the Santa Fe FP45s for business car moves. The cowled body looks sooo much better with passenger equipment. Either the Warbonnet paint (ala BNSF) or the Heritage II paint would look nice.
The UP has some nice looking power for their business cars, as does KCS... and I think NS does too. Why not BNSF?

In addition to making the business car fleet look better, the FP45s could also be pressed into freight service during power shortages...

Whaddya think???

#63040  by SSW9389

Just an update on that last FP45, it is now at Larrys Truck & Equipment.