Railroad Forums 

• Predicting Boeing Train on Scenic Subdivision

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#723493  by lamune

I've been trying to figure out how to predict when the Boeing train is going to roll by. So far it seems like they come by on Sundays. I can see the main line from my backyard but the kids (big and small) would love to get some advanced warning of the airplanes that'll be rolling by. I do have a scanner, and sometimes I do notice there is a bit more chatter than normal before the Boeing train arrives. Is there something I should be listening for that would help?

Thanks
 #726115  by Rtrain

i see the train rolling by the main track at the coach yard on the seattle subdivision heading north but i never remember what day. i'll try to take note of what day/time of day they roll by. always cool to see them with giant green airplane fuselages.
 #730197  by Rtrain

i haven't worked every day this week but i saw the train on thursday around noon at the amtrak coach yard (just south of the stadiums) going southbound with 5 fuselages. i worked last night and didn't see it again.
 #733636  by lamune

I was able to catch it this morning- sometimes it goes by on Sundays and sometimes Monday. I didn't have the scanner on this time so I didn't catch anything notable. We'll see what happens next week!
 #733793  by John_Perkowski

It depends on when they have a shipment ready in Wichita. I've seen them roll out of Murray Yard for points north and west every day of the week.