Railroad Forums 

• Oddball paint scheme

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#33117  by LCJ

I like it -- it's rather elegant, I think.

#33298  by arnstg

Stick around a BNSF mainline for awhile and you are apt to see all kinds of variations particularly on their older equipment in so far as lettering and striping.

In addition, more leased and foreign locos are showing up. Is there a power shortage? Hmmm.

#34910  by Joe

Hey! Foreign power on the BNSF is ok for me! At least we have a variety, unlike UP, which is almost always has all UP locomotives in their consists. Yellow and gray all the time would get boring after a while. The BNSF has Pumpkins, Warbonnets, bluebonnets, BN green, and lots of foreign power, as well. You can't get bored with BNSF!
 #38318  by arnstg

You've got that right Joe. UP is all Armor Yellow while you never know what you will see on BNSF. Always keep my eyes open to see the H2's in their faded yellow instead of orange.

#38323  by Justin B

True the paint may be varied in BSNF, but the power is not. Nothing but Dash-9s where I am at. I get excited when I see a SD40-2. With UP the paint is always the same but at least I get to see C44ACs, SD90MACs, C60ACs, SD40-2s, tunnel motors, SD70s SD60s Dash 8s etc etc etc.

I will take power variation over paint any day of the week.

#38373  by scannergeek

I lived by the UP's single track main in Pomona, CA for a year. While most of the power is UP, there is plenty of old SP, CSX, and NS power to mix it up. Even saw an Arizona and California RR locomotive once.

#38571  by Joe

Arnstg, I saw a Dash 9 that was faded almost white last Friday. Looked terrible. I'd show it to you, but Railpictures.net didn't accept it. (It was cloudy. Stupid morons) :)

#39258  by AmtrakFan

Can someone say very rare.

AmtrakFan

#39265  by trainfreak

Hey Joe have you tried http://www.rrpicturearchives.net? You can put any train picture you have on there. Just thought id tell you as i get many photos rejected from railpictures.net myself.

#39358  by Joe

I have a few photos at rrpicturearchives.net, but I stopped uploading there because...well...I don't really know. :( I'll post that Faded Dash9 so all of you can see it. :D

Here it is: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... x?id=36820

Ugly, isn't it?

#39466  by Joe

Yeah, all the You Pee (UP) fans out there probably think that Dash 9 is beautiful.

#40892  by arnstg

Hey Joe. You have confirmed that most anything can show upon the BNSF.

#40987  by MP297W

I've seen a couple of Orange and Green Heritage units that have faded to a pink or maybe peach (depends on the sun) and green. I cracked up the first time one went by...