Railroad Forums 

• CF-7 Paint Schemes

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#303714  by EDM5970

I know that the earliest CF-7s were painted in the mostly blue switcher scheme. When did Cleburne start painting them in the Bluebonnet scheme?

I'm looking for information on 2453, rebuilt from 237C in 6/77; how was it painted when released from the shop?

Also, is there a decent website on the CF-7s, with more photos and info. than presented in the TRP book?

Thanks-
 #305703  by SSW9389

There were seven Bluebonnet F7As. Every other mention of the term Bluebonnet in relation to a Santa Fe paint scheme is a railfan misnomer.
The first 33 units were outshopped in what Santa Fe fans call the pinstripes, bookend, or billboard paint scheme. This paint was applied to Santa Fe freight locomotives from 1960 to 1972 and later to the SD45Bs.
Yellowbonnet paint started on the CF7s with unit #2616 outshopped 6/72 by Cleburne. Diesel data from Joe McMillans Santa Fe Motive Power.

You will find your CF7 information on QStation. :wink:

EDM5970 wrote:I know that the earliest CF-7s were painted in the mostly blue switcher scheme. When did Cleburne start painting them in the Bluebonnet scheme?

I'm looking for information on 2453, rebuilt from 237C in 6/77; how was it painted when released from the shop?

Also, is there a decent website on the CF-7s, with more photos and info. than presented in the TRP book?

Thanks-

#306128  by EDM5970

Thanks for the information, and the tip on QStation-

#306320  by chilli_mp138

EMD5970--

Decent? You'll have to decide; but please check my ATSF All-Time Diesel Roster at www.gcrossett.com. If you need more information, please contact me off-forum at an e-mail address posted at the bottom of my site. I can send to you a CF7-specific web page.

chilli

#307662  by EDM5970

Chilli,

Yes, you have a decent site, with much of the information I was looking for. Thanks for the link-