Railroad Forums 

• New Resident on BNSF - Lawrence, KS

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#279439  by Tadman

Howdy;
Most of you have seen me post on the BNSF forum occasionally, but I've just moved to Lawrence, KS, on BNSF, and I know nothing about the local operations and highlights around here. If anybody wants to lend some insight, I'd appreciate. I gather the geep/b23 parked at the depot operates some local switching duties, as well as a local "31" that comes thru early evening, as well as the nightly passing of AMTK 3/4 (I watched 3 last night, 4 comes too late).

#279493  by Engineer James

you near Topeka??? :-)

#279558  by Tadman

I think about 1 hour drive to the east of topeka.

#279807  by Engineer James

Well, if u have been reading other posts in this forum, mainly the one about the Beep, the area is a pretty busy.... with the shops only an hour away, I would expect to get a lot of repaired units.... but, don't live there, nor work for BNSF.

#282353  by Tadman

I am happy to report to those following my new residence that there is a town switcher (GP35 or B23) as well as a local that passes thru every evening. I don't understand why, but usually it's about 20 cars long, led by two or three B23's, but has two or three widecab GE's or EMDs dead in tow, almost every time. Any ideas why? I'm guessing they are headed for Topeka shops.