Railroad Forums 

• Heritage Two (re)paint

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#241029  by EJ&ESDM809

About time they finally painted the other half of 4340. Here is a picture I took at Rochelle of what it looked like a few months ago. http://www.railroadforums.com/photos/sh ... puser=5363 I think it is too bad they did away with that half H2 paint. It was a nice (and pretty funny) engine to see. I guess they didn't want to completly repaint the engine and just painted the primered parts H2.

#254584  by QR National

Interesting! I know with some of the ES44's, after the new H3 image was announced, GEVO's were still coming out in the H2 scheme to use up the H2 decals. (So im told by a BNSF conductor).

#254868  by route_rock

Wouldnt doubt it QR we here at BNSF have managers proud as punch spending 5 bucks to save a dime and then they brag about the dime saved!!
They need to just leave the old stuff alone and not paint it. We hav ea lot of sun weary SF stuff that needs a coat of paint ( also some bondo) to make it look like we care about our new image.

#254934  by QR National

Yeah, some of the ex-Santa Fe warbonnet units are looking a bit sad at the moment. Going very pink indeed! :(

#255008  by Tadman

You guys are missing what happend here - that GE unit is a half frisco heritage, half modern BNSF - bet UP would never do a half MoPac, half UP unit! It's like that black and white cookie episode of seinfeld - the old part of the railroad and the new part, living together in harmony...

or not.