Railroad Forums 

• bnsf might be taking over kcs

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#212582  by emd_SD_60

jg greenwood wrote:How much truth to the rumor that the BNSF has bought the E.St.Louis to DuQuoin line from the IC? By the way, this line originates at the old Gateway Western/KCS yard. Stay tuned. :wink:
As a matter of fact, that rumor just became a reality. I sent you a PM about it. :wink: Apparently BNSF bought it right under from UP. With the purchase of that line BNSF also gets trackage rights over the Centralia, Cairo, and Fulton Subs, putting a extra 4 trains on the lines. :-) I think it will be two trains either direction.

#212584  by jg greenwood

emd_SD_60 wrote:
jg greenwood wrote:How much truth to the rumor that the BNSF has bought the E.St.Louis to DuQuoin line from the IC? By the way, this line originates at the old Gateway Western/KCS yard. Stay tuned. :wink:
As a matter of fact, that rumor just became a reality. I sent you a PM about it. :wink: Apparently BNSF bought it right under from UP. With the purchase of that line BNSF also gets trackage rights over the Centralia, Cairo, and Fulton Subs, putting a extra 4 trains on the lines. :-) I think it will be two trains either direction.
Received your message Chris. Sometimes shanty bull-$hit does have a bit of truth to it! :wink:

#212603  by emd_SD_60

I don't think it was mentioned in the message, but I wonder if CN will continue to run the occasional train on the St. Louis line? I guess so. Also it looks like the Paducah bound UP coal drags will remain, as they were written in the agreement with BNSF also.

Sooner or later something will have to be done about the trains crossing over from the St. Louis line onto the Cenralia Sub and finally onto the Eldorado Sub in Du Quoin. The last train I saw, it was a UP train returning west, it actually stopped for a few minutes blocking Highway 51! (and the motorists weren't too happy!)