• Oakways in a photoshopped picture!

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#161023  by emd_SD_60

I was looking at some pictures on the internet, and found this one:

:-D

#161168  by USRailFan

Is this from the secret testing of Amtrak's new High-Speed service?

#161290  by emd_SD_60

Of course Joe LeMay knows about this picture:

And here's a BN SD60M and a UP Dash 9 in a parody of "The Dukes of Hazzard":

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2501 is where these two pics came from

#161294  by AmtrakFan

Thanks for sharing! Ahh Yes I know that kid Joe LeMay.
 #162008  by Komachi

Okkkkkkaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy...

The first and third ones have a bit of humor to them, whereas I find the second one rather disturbing.

Not so much in the fact that it depicts a car vs. train accident, but the automobile stamps on the side are akin to those of aces during WWII that used to keep track of how many enemy fighters they shot down. It also disturbs me in the way that the non-railfan community may view that photo and further the ideas that the railroads are the bad guys when it comes to crossing safety.

But I may be over analyzing that image and be a little paranoid about that, but that's my initial reaction to it (which may have been the artist's intent in the first place...).

(John Cleuse voice) And now for something completely different...

Rail luging (sp?)... may become a new Olympic sport...

As for the Dukes of Hazzard spoof... not bad. How many times did they jump "the General" over Roscoe, or his deputies' cars? Although, I don't see the blatantly obvious, rediculusly desigused ramp that they launched the ol' O1 from? Although, you can almost hear the "rebel yell" and the 5-chime horn playing "Dixie."

Just my sleep deprived, random thoughts on those images.

#162718  by Joe

[quote="emd_SD_60"]Of course Joe LeMay knows about this picture:

Yeah, the @$$holes on that site are the kings of plagiarism.

BTW, how'd you know that was my photo? Did I post that on here somewhere? I probably did and forgot. :P

#162860  by emd_SD_60

I think I first heard about it on the railpictures.net forums, you were talking about your picture being "violated", so to speak. :wink: