Railroad Forums 

• What hath BNSF wrought?! (New Logo/Paint Scheme)

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#371186  by Tadman

Is it just me, or would it look better if they ditched the swoosh mark and enlarged the typeface of "BNSF"?

#394189  by uhaul

I just tried the first link on 5/2/07 1839 hours EST and it worked.
I do not understand the spraygun joke, but I am guessing you do not like the BNSF Warbonnet.

#444194  by uhaul

BNSF 332 was a GP60B from the factory and always will be a GP60B.
I think there might have been an oil leak or something that caught on fire. I am not an expert, but that is my educated guess.

#470860  by Komachi

uhaul urged,

"THIS IS KINDA BIG DEAL"

How so? A second-gen diesel on BNSF? I know many of those 45s are getting cut up, but there's a bunch of second-gen power on BNSF... heck, there's still FIRST-GEN power on BNSF. How about one of the "Cadillacs" done up in H-3, now that would be sharp.

#470862  by Komachi

Oh, and I think the popular opinion of the members of this forum agree with you on the "cigar band" paint scheme over the H3.

As for the posting of the "roasted pumpkin," it's a BNSF unit, this is the BNSF thread, it does have something to do with the paint scheme, so I'll allow it.

#476893  by ThePointyHairedBoss

"It's so unappealing on so many levels, It's hard to know what to criticize first."

Seriously, though, I can't believe that Rose would approve of such an abomination! :P
 #502349  by BNSFrailfan

Sure the 'New Image' Scheme looks very nice. But why so many Paint/Logo Schemes? Come on now.