Railroad Forums 

• Ft Fairfield Branch

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#80020  by douellet

I read that the Ft. Fairfield branch was to be put back into service. The newspaper said that the town had been awarded a block grant to fund the work and that it would be started during the fall. Does anyone have any current information on this line?

Was up in Ft Fairfield this past summer and stopped to look at the old BAR station, real nice building in need of work. Hope that something can be done to restore it.

#80058  by CN9634

douellet,

I read the same article and I too was up there this summer looking at the equipment. I also got the meet the gentleman who owned the station. He was a nice fellow. Anyways he told me about there plans to restore service to the line and that the town purchased the rail with grants just as the article stated, but I do not know if there currently is anything running up there. The track should be done by now but who knows?