Railroad Forums 

• Locomotive Status

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#3549  by LocoEngineer

What is going on with the GE fleet? Have all the leasers been sent home?

How is customer service? Has it improved as the weather gets warmer?

LE
 #3814  by sandpvrr

Hello All,
Well, for once I have good news on the GE fleet. At least I think its good news.
The Six-axles, GE C-30-7s, are largely up and running. 3607, to the best of my knowledge, has never turned a wheel in revenue service for MM&A, and appears to be being used as a parts supply. All the remaining C-30s have been in revenue service, of course one or two are OOS at any given time.
The B-39-8s... well.... Thats a slightly different story.
They had been very troublesome through the winter, and as soon as the weather broke, started to be dependable again.
I'm afraid I don't know numbers, but I can state that the majority of them are running again.
In other power news, all of the CDAC F-40s believed to be serviceable left on the system have been reactivated.
The Railworld unrebuilt F-40s (carrying MM&A reporting marks) have arrived. The original number was reduced to 10 units, and all are believed to be on the property. I personally saw 5 switching Brownville Jct, and elsewhere #463, one that was rebuilt to the CDAC specs, but never delivered.
Two of the GP-35rs are active, CDAC 517, and QSR 503.
BAR 79 has been sited as the Derby Shop switcher, and LMS 100 is reported to be still OOS.
My last reports showed all the Wheeling and Lake Erie units off the property, as of about two weeks ago, roughly the same time the ex Amtrak F-40s started arriving. Guilford Rail System's B&M 337 which had been on lease has gone back, but NBSR 9803, which had also been on lease, is in an unknown location. When on lease, it was in Mattawaska, and no sitings of it since on NBSR have been made known to me.
Last two times I have seen NBSR operations, three units were on the trains, and a logical pairing would be 9801, 9802, 9803, but 9803 was nowhere to be found. Instead, one of the ex Devco units (2317, 18 or 19) was the third unit. I am taking the educated guess then, that 9803 is still up on lease to the MM&A.
MPEX 2001 is still on lease, as I have heard no reports of it leaving.
I think thats everything. One other note, the CDAC F-40s are now the regular power on the Searsport Local / NMJ Switcher / Millinocket Turn, which is one reason I can't comment on which B-39-8s are and aren't running.
Hope I haven't left anything out!
For photos, and additional information, see http://www.rrnne.net
cya, Joey

#3846  by bar358

All of the ex. AMT/MMA F-40PH's are on the property running. I have seen all in person.

#3894  by XRails

Would you happen to know exactly where on the system (or what general region) the ex AMTs are? I have a friend who is an Amtrak chaser and wants to get some pics before they are repainted.
 #4039  by sandpvrr

Hello All,
If I was to take a guess - I'd say they would be found on either the CDAC line west of Brownville, or perhaps on the northern part of the old BAR, north of Millinocket.
They had been in the Pig train / Job #1/2 assignments, but I'm not sure where they are at the moment.
cya, Joey