Railroad Forums 

• B23-7

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#57917  by Realityrail

MMA 2000 arrived in Derby this week. This is a former Conrail B23-7 by the same number.

This was traded to MMA by National Railway Equipment for the freeze damaged C30-7 #5024. While not purchased from NRE by MMA, the 5024 was in their care and preparation when they sent it to Maine in January 2003 dead, but full of water! ,

#58025  by bar358

What kind of shape is that unit in? A little worse than the C-30-7's? I stopped by and got some photos of it yesterday, quiet the number of colors on it between the BN green screen, UP horn, black paint outs.

Matt

#58028  by Realityrail

She was in running condition and may be the first unit painted in MMA colors.

#58124  by Slowrider

Anyone have a pic of this unit?

M Fortin

#59275  by JAJ

bar358 wrote:What kind of shape is that unit in? A little worse than the C-30-7's? I stopped by and got some photos of it yesterday, quiet the number of colors on it between the BN green screen, UP horn, black paint outs.

Matt
But it's in Conrail blue, right Matt? You're saying that it simply has a green screen in place somewhere on it, as well as a UP horn and black paint-outs of the CR markings?

JAJ

#59339  by sandpvrr

Hello All,
To answer a request above - I will be posting a night shot (badly lit) of 2000 in Derby. That will be done shortly - be watching the MM&A section of the RRNNE.net photo gallery: www.rrnne.net/gallery
JAJ, the unit is Conrail blue, with all references to Conrail blacked out - not blued - blacked. Frankly, it looks like crap.
I didn't see the BN screen or UP horn, but it was very dark, so I can't comment.
Hope that helps!
cya, Joey

#59431  by bar358

Yes JAJ, Conrail Blue overall with a few replaced panels and stuff.

#59474  by Realityrail

It looks bad but it runs. Shake down trip found a few bugs but nothing serious.

#59686  by sandpvrr

RealityRail:
Does this mean she'll be in regular service soon? Also, will MPEX 2001 be headed elsewhere?
Thanks!
cya, Joey
(And yes, the nightshot of 2000 is coming)

#61128  by sandpvrr

Hello All,
You can find the promised nightshot of MMA 2000 at:

http://www.rrnne.net/gallery/details.ph ... ode=search

Apologies if the link goes down - having issues with the server.
I was back at Derby about a week after I took that shot, and found no trace of the 2000 - where did it go?
Have fun all!
cya, Joey

#61130  by JAJ

sandpvrr wrote:Hello All,
You can find the promised nightshot of MMA 2000 at:

http://www.rrnne.net/gallery/details.ph ... ode=search
Yup, there she is...she more or less looks the exact same as when I saw this unit in Conrail's Framingham (MA) Yard many times throughout the 1990's! Except for the CR markings paint-out, of course.

JAJ