Railroad Forums 

• VTR Pig Trailors (heading to Maine?)

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#2992  by Slowrider

Long line of VTR Pigs made there way to Newport from WRJ today. I imagine they will be heading north tomorrow, and from there your on your own but I believe to Presq Isle, For the start of some new Intermodal service between southern NewEngland and Northern Maine or vice versa.(sorry don't know details) I think It will be routed using Newport Subdivision creating yet another boost in traffic for this somewhat quiet line.

Supposedly there are an equal amount heading north again to Newport tomorrow. Things are getting interesting.

BTW, MM&A #1 has shown up in Newport today. Very sharp looking Boxcar. I believe it will go up the old QC for loading at Columbia Forest Products.

M Fortin,
 #3969  by Slowrider

Supposedly those trailors will be hauling....... Firewood! To all the folks in southern NewEngland. Supposedly there is a demand for the stuff down there. It will be interesting though how much rail traffic this commodity will produce.

M Fortin,

Slowrider wrote:Long line of VTR Pigs made there way to Newport from WRJ today. I imagine they will be heading north tomorrow, and from there your on your own but I believe to Presq Isle, For the start of some new Intermodal service between southern NewEngland and Northern Maine or vice versa.(sorry don't know details) I think It will be routed using Newport Subdivision creating yet another boost in traffic for this somewhat quiet line.

Supposedly there are an equal amount heading north again to Newport tomorrow. Things are getting interesting.

BTW, MM&A #1 has shown up in Newport today. Very sharp looking Boxcar. I believe it will go up the old QC for loading at Columbia Forest Products.

M Fortin,