Railroad Forums 

• MM&A BOXCARS

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#52885  by INTERMODAL

Recently spotted at McAdam,NB.,several brand new MM&A boxcars going
down the line to St Stephen,NB.,to get loaded with flake board.
 #56521  by 2nd trick op

A couple of weeks ago, I can recall seeing a pair of new MM&A boxcars on the joint NS/CP Sunbury line (former PRR Wilkes-Barre Branch) with very low numbers, under 200 if I remember correctly. Can anyone confirm the existence of these cars?
Last edited by 2nd trick op on Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #56546  by INTERMODAL

The MM&A has these boxcars in the number series of #1 to #200,and they have another series of boxcars from #9500 to #9599.

#57432  by eotd

i've seen several pictures of the beautiful freshly painted MMA burgundy boxcars, which match the SLC cars in color and the type the marks are printed in. i seem to recall getting pictures sent to me from Brownville Junction when they brougt them in, lined up in sequential order.

also popping up these days are re-stencilled blue former LW cars that are being restamped MMA.. i'll have to check a few railfan sites to get an idea of the number schemes.

#57545  by sandpvrr

Hello All,
To see pictures of some of the MM&A cars check out:
http://www.rrnne.net/Cars.htm
Its not complete yet, but we're working on it.
Have fun all!
cya, Joey

#59318  by Legio X

I saw two MMA/SLC 50' double-door boxcars at Stock Building Supply in Paradise, PA next to the interchange between the Strasburg Railway and Amtrak/NS two weeks ago, while CN 2-6-0 #89 ran around our train to pull us back to the Strasburg's station.

#60486  by mick

Several photos of BAR boxcars have been posted on the "Fallen Flags" website recently, all of them at Searsport , ME. Although most of the cars are pretty weatherbeaten, none of them are whitelined or have any other indication that they are retired. Does anyone know the fate of these cars?, are they in storage?

#60568  by bar358

Some of those cars have been taken to Oakfield to be scapped sometime in the future. The rest are still sitting their like they have for the past 6 or 8 years.

Matt
 #61674  by JAJ

INTERMODAL wrote:The MM&A has these boxcars in the number series of #1 to #200
This series is actually MMA 1 - 218. There are to be 216 total cars in that series (2 numbers are unused, I guess).

JAJ