Railroad Forums 

• Recent Scrapping activities

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#28511  by sandpvrr

Hello All,
Although I can't confirm, multiple reports have many of the pieces that were in and around Derby Shops being scrapped. Frankly, many of the pieces that were stored around Derby were bad ordered long ago, and never repaired. Although in one sense, this could be viewed as a bad thing, with the elevated price of scrap these days, this could be a very smart business move.
Also, one report that has reached me states that some of the cabooses went to a collector somewhere, although I cannot confirm, nor do I know where the pieces went.
Any information that someone could provide would be useful!
Thanks!
cya, Joey

#31764  by Richard Glueck

The bay window cabooses and wooden crew cars stored in a field near Brownville Junction are rapidly being depleted through scrapping. Apparently the high price of scrap steel at the present has induced the owner to eliminate the cars. I have seen one intact bay window caboose trucked out of there. There were three other cabooses remaining when I last went in. Several crew cars were also onsite, but most of the others have gone the way of steam.