Railroad Forums 

• BAR F3 #502

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#769139  by snowskier

A year ago the 502 was sitting in Derby. Does anyone know the current status and/or location?
 #869511  by employee4

I looked and questioned but to no avail. Still not sure where she is or what the plans are for her. She is a relic for sure as the is one of the first diesel locos the B&A bought. We always refered to them as "covered wagons" but this nickname seems to have gone to the wayside.
 #952545  by MEC407

Sorry to dredge up an old topic, but does anyone know for sure what the current status of 502 is?
 #1070102  by snowskier

It's been a year this week since there was any update on the 502. Anyone know anything? Any recent photos?
 #1071544  by gpp111

Most likely sitting in the Derby Shop where it has been for a decade or more. The unit is in good shape appearance wise but I think it would need extensive work to get
it back on the road. I know that it needs extensive wiring work at a minimum.
 #1189836  by RGlueck

Safely stored indoors, traction motors on pallets, prime mover intact. Minor surface rust, a little interior cab roof water damage, but overall in good shape. No plans for her, but the's the CEO's and COB's "baby".
Don't try to get in to see her, the place is secured. I happened to be there on business and was invited to look at her.

#1189886  by MEC407

Thanks for the update and photos, Richard!
 #1202796  by CN9634

A random and quick thought, what will become of the 502 in the aftermath of the tragedy...